Plein Air Paint Out at the RBG


In the spring of 2005 I joined this group from the DVSA , instructed by teacher Gordon Perrier, to paint flowers at the Royal Botanical Gardens. The peony's and irises were at their prime in mid June. We spent a few days collecting sketches and painting. I produced a few watercolours on site and then took some of the paintings to later paint in the studio in oil. I love painting flowers and capturing their vibrant colours. Here are a few pics from that day and of some of the finished paintings from that outing. As a side note, in this class I was pleasantly surprised to see my high school Art History teacher - Rosella (Spicuzza) Grilli. I remember we looked at each other and then we remembered where we new each other from and gave each other a big hug. She is in the pic with the hat.

Comments